Findings So Far

Preliminary Findings: 

Week 6 of Term 1 we began our school wide testing. For this Inquiry I will be mainly focussing on Reading.

The PAT Reading scores were pleasantly surprising leaving me feeling somewhat encouraged that I was on the right track. However, Probe testing illuminated more areas of concern and need for focus.  Although both PAT and Probe results had shown improvement there is still work to do to continue to push those who are 'Below' up and continue the trajectory of my 'At's and Above's.' 

My two 'Well Below' students are my greatest concern. These are the students reading at 8.5-9yrs of age. 

                          



From my testing to date, including anecdotal notes from discussion and questioning, my Preliminary Findings  show all students show strengths in their ability to read with fluency, expression and decoding unfamiliar words with ease. However, areas of concern, limiting progress, can specifically be noted within Inference and Evaluation where information is implied or requires further extrapolation. 

Next step is to formulate a Hypothesis... 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pennies for Hitler

Follow up activity