The learners voice... listen and learn!

I always find it interesting accomodating those learners who need a different approach. Sometimes the clarity of the situation doesn't hit us... we need to listen carefully to our learners.
Example: I've been trying to find a way to support one of my boys who has found this year challenging. He engaged fully with completing personalised reading activities on his iPad. I suggested he typed his responses as writing was becoming tedious given the limited space and visual difficulties. This was working to a point but transference of words from either his book or a previous activity page onto the screen was still tedious and distracting. At this point I could see mental fatigue setting in. He asked me if it would be ok to write the text onto the whiteboard table, photograph it, crop it down and embed it onto his page. Perfect solution. He was still attending to reading, writing, transference of text BUT doing it in a way that suited his learning style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pennies for Hitler

Follow up activity